Hi. I’m Mehmet and I’m an engineering leader and a game designer based in Prague.
My interest in software emerged when I got a then old Atari 2600 as a child, and it continued to consume my personality when I started hanging out at the local arcade every single day after class. Being in primary school back then, I used to believe that Nintendo modeled Mario after my uncle who had an uncanny resemblance to the iconic character sharing the signature mustache.
As a leader I focus on personal growth, production methodologies, the overall health, cooperation and coherence of teams.
My favorite books of all time when it comes to leadership as a discipline are:
- The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business by Patrick Lencioni
- Theory of Fun for Game Design by Raph Koster
- Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
- The Elements of Choice: Why the Way We Decide Matters by Eric J. Johnson
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patric Lencioni
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman
I use the following tools and programming languages as a part of my work:
I’m a certified Scrum master & a Product Owner, currently leading feature development as a director in a data analytics / tech company located in Prague. Meanwhile as a side project, I’m leading an indie team called Hollow Lantern, working on a narrative adventure developed in Unreal Engine 5.
You can find out more about me through my resume here.